Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
What course do I take

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

What course do I take

I have been on this site before. For the last fourteen years I have been feeling ill after I had a gastrointestinal infection. I have developed more and more food allergies or food insensitivities. Mostly to do with the digestion of sugars.
You gave me the advise to look for a candida infection.
A faeces test was done and I was diagnosed having a heavy candida phaliosis( I think it was called). I am being treated for the candida infection.
In my faeces were also found muscle fibres.
My GP does not know what to think or do with this result.
Does this indicate that an enzyme lacks in my digestion to break down peptides?
What course do I have to take or what test should be done.
I am at a loss because my GP did not know either what to look for.
Tough to say what to do next.  There is no definite evidence suggesting that eradication of the Candida can lead to an improvement of your symptoms.  As has been commented on below, there are many who have Candida in the stool.  If it has been determined that the candida is indeed the source, you can try an anti-fungal medication (such as fluconazole), but mind you, there are no definitive studies suggesting efficacy.  

I would consider a referral to a GI specialist.  Endoscopies such as colonoscopy as well as tests for malabsorption (either fecal fat tests as well as blood tests looking for celiac disease) can all be considered.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
If your GP is at a loss, then he/she should either discuss it with a gastroenterologist or refer you to one. Also, was the suggestion of looking for candidiasis one that came from Dr. Pho (the official answerer on this site) or from one of the people who comments here? Because candida is not a rare finding in the feces of normal people and may not indicate anything wrong, depending on the amounts found and the rest of the fecal flora (normal bugs that exist there.)
It was indeed Dr.Pho who advised to look for a candida infection. A faeces test was done ; it showed higher amounts of candida then was normal.They mentioned a candida parapsilosis. In the faeces were also found a high amount of musclefibres.The comment given was that this might be an indication of a deficiency in the breaking down of proteins possibly a lack of enzyme(s).
Have you ever heard of finding musclefibres in faeces?
I have been examined for celiac disease ;however that was negative.
The more carbohydrates I ingest the worse I feel. I noticed that all my mucous membranes react. My mucuos becomes very tough and very thick. The consistency has been changing over the last thirteen years.
I am being examined for foodallergies. Very little is found.