Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
What does 'RED' stomach mean?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What does 'RED' stomach mean?

I went for a endoscopic done to my stomach yesterday morning.  Dr. took biopsies and told me my stomach is very red and showed me the picture (it was bright red).  but he does not know why my stomach is red, he needs to look at the biopsies.  I was wondering how many people have "red" stomach, wouldn't you think the Gastroenterologist know about it?  I would appreciate if you can tell me what is (red stomach) could possibly mean?  Thank you.  --Judy
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
WOW...I'm surprised the doctor couldn't tell you. Perhaps he coudn't tell you WHY your stomach was red because he first needs to get back the biopsy in order to do this, but the name for that red stomach is "Gastritis and it's very painful. I have chronic gastritis. The biopsy will tell him if you are infected with H-Pylori which causes gastritis. Too much acid will cause this as well, alcohol abuse, too much smoking, and too much coffee! Read ALL the way down on this board and look for the post titled "Chronic Gastritis" and the others with "H-Pylori". They are WAYYYY down towards the bottom. Take care of that stomach. None of the above, or else it will only get worse. Keep us posted as to what the biopsy shows. If I could be of any help, feel free to ask ;)

-Jennifer
Blank
A related discussion, heital hernia was started.
Blank
1663336_tn?1303238594
A related discussion, How does your stomache become red? was started.
Blank
A related discussion, internal red stomach was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank