Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
What is going on with my liver?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What is going on with my liver?

I am a 46 y/o female diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago.  I have completed 8 rounds of chemo and 33 days of radiation recently.  Before I started chemo my Dr. did some liver test the AST and ALT were elevated this was in July 2000.  Recently they ran some repeat liver test. T. Protien 8.1 (high), Globulin 4.5 (high) AST 222 (high) ALT 143 (high) Alk. Phos 111 T Bilirubin 1.2 D Bilirubin .3 ans Albumin 3.6.

ct of liver normal, ultrasound of liver normal, but I think they were looking for cancer.  I was a very heavy drinker most of my adult life.  I no longer drink.  I am having pain in the right side just below the ribcage, and when I feel in that area I can feel something, it is located about where my liver should be.

Is this cirrohsis?

Thank you,
sgw