Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
What is going on with my liver?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

What is going on with my liver?

I am a 46 y/o female diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago.  I have completed 8 rounds of chemo and 33 days of radiation recently.  Before I started chemo my Dr. did some liver test the AST and ALT were elevated this was in July 2000.  Recently they ran some repeat liver test. T. Protien 8.1 (high), Globulin 4.5 (high) AST 222 (high) ALT 143 (high) Alk. Phos 111 T Bilirubin 1.2 D Bilirubin .3 ans Albumin 3.6.

ct of liver normal, ultrasound of liver normal, but I think they were looking for cancer.  I was a very heavy drinker most of my adult life.  I no longer drink.  I am having pain in the right side just below the ribcage, and when I feel in that area I can feel something, it is located about where my liver should be.

Is this cirrohsis?

Thank you,
sgw
Has anyone of your doctors ruled out Pancreatitis?  Most of your symptons sound like mine.  I have just been diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitus (pancreatitis). That may be something to ask about.  I too have a small bump at times when my pains are bad.
Sandy
I think that the CT scan of the liver was to see if the liver has enlarged. People normally complain of pain in the upper right side. The other tests were done to see if the liver is working properly.
I too have liver area pains, which I orginally thought was gallbladder pains.  After Ultrasound and CT Scan, I was told I had Fatty Liver and Splenomegaly (Enlarged Spleen). Was very surprised, as spleen area does not hurt like liver. Liver Function test also elevated, and going up each of the last 4 months.  Now have Liver Biopsy scheduled.  Do not drink or smoke, but have been for years and do presently take Tylenol everyday for aches and pains.  Was wondering if medication is causing damage to liver and spleen.  Any suggestions appreciated. Hallie