Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
White Discharge with odor from throat?
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

White Discharge with odor from throat?

I have a white discharge comming out of a whole in my tonsil.  This discharge comes out in a firm coil like substance like small worm like chunks.  It has a horable odor.  Two weeks ago I noticed the first chunk.  Then two days latter another chunk.  A week goes by and I investigate closer and find a whole in which I am capable of pulling enough dicharge out to equal the size of the cotton on the end of a cue tip.  Grose!  What is this ****?  My wife had a small chunk as well the night before the first night I did, but has not had any since.  I was thinking it was the dust in the air of our new house, or a piece of food we both ate, but it continues for me.
Related Discussions
0 Comments
Blank
It is called a tonsil stone and is perfectly normal, but I think the presence of frequent tonsil stones could mean you need your tonsils out.  If it is bothering you a lot, have it checked out by an ENT.

Blank
I have always had these white chunks coming out of my throat.  I have gone to my doctor and another doctor, because I couldn't get through to my doctor that day.  Both doctors have told me that it is normal.  I have always had these chunks, untill recently.  At first when I was younger it was a fee at a time, like maybe once a month.  Now for about the last month, I can just pull one out of my throat at any time.  I can feel them back there.  It is kind of like pulling flim out of your throat, but just a little harder.  I didn't ever think much about it, but my boyfrined said that my breath had been stinking really bad, even right after I had brushed my teeth.  It was herendous.  And then like a week later, I get this thing out of my throat, and I thought I coughed up a body part.  Then I realize that it is smaller chunks compacted together. I squished it and stunk sooooo bad.  I almost threw up.  Then is was like a every day process.  I showed my friend everytime I spit one up and they all say I need to go to the doctor.  But every time I go she says that it is just pieces of food.  And that I have a sinus infection.  Which I do.  The chunks seem to block my drainage tube from my right ear and my ear starts hurting.  Can you please help?  I am tired of having stinky breath.  And my right side of my throat hurting all the time.  

Tracey
Blank
A related discussion, Tonsil Stones was started.
Blank
A related discussion, white discharge from tosils was started.
Blank
I've always had this problem for over 20 years. I brush my teeth and tongue all the time since I noticed how hard it is to feel fresh but its actually getting worst, from white to yellow, to brown and definitely bigger. Well in the last 6 yrs, I've gained 8lbs- I'm sure there's a correlation. I'm considering removing my tonsils- sometimes I feel like I can't breathe and I might aspirate it and I'm tearing up, just trying to cough it up!
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979