Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
White Discharge with odor from throat?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

White Discharge with odor from throat?

I have a white discharge comming out of a whole in my tonsil.  This discharge comes out in a firm coil like substance like small worm like chunks.  It has a horable odor.  Two weeks ago I noticed the first chunk.  Then two days latter another chunk.  A week goes by and I investigate closer and find a whole in which I am capable of pulling enough dicharge out to equal the size of the cotton on the end of a cue tip.  Grose!  What is this ****?  My wife had a small chunk as well the night before the first night I did, but has not had any since.  I was thinking it was the dust in the air of our new house, or a piece of food we both ate, but it continues for me.
It is called a tonsil stone and is perfectly normal, but I think the presence of frequent tonsil stones could mean you need your tonsils out.  If it is bothering you a lot, have it checked out by an ENT.

I have always had these white chunks coming out of my throat.  I have gone to my doctor and another doctor, because I couldn't get through to my doctor that day.  Both doctors have told me that it is normal.  I have always had these chunks, untill recently.  At first when I was younger it was a fee at a time, like maybe once a month.  Now for about the last month, I can just pull one out of my throat at any time.  I can feel them back there.  It is kind of like pulling flim out of your throat, but just a little harder.  I didn't ever think much about it, but my boyfrined said that my breath had been stinking really bad, even right after I had brushed my teeth.  It was herendous.  And then like a week later, I get this thing out of my throat, and I thought I coughed up a body part.  Then I realize that it is smaller chunks compacted together. I squished it and stunk sooooo bad.  I almost threw up.  Then is was like a every day process.  I showed my friend everytime I spit one up and they all say I need to go to the doctor.  But every time I go she says that it is just pieces of food.  And that I have a sinus infection.  Which I do.  The chunks seem to block my drainage tube from my right ear and my ear starts hurting.  Can you please help?  I am tired of having stinky breath.  And my right side of my throat hurting all the time.  

Tracey
A related discussion, Tonsil Stones was started.
A related discussion, white discharge from tosils was started.
I've always had this problem for over 20 years. I brush my teeth and tongue all the time since I noticed how hard it is to feel fresh but its actually getting worst, from white to yellow, to brown and definitely bigger. Well in the last 6 yrs, I've gained 8lbs- I'm sure there's a correlation. I'm considering removing my tonsils- sometimes I feel like I can't breathe and I might aspirate it and I'm tearing up, just trying to cough it up!