Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
abdomen pain and swelling
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

abdomen pain and swelling

I have had some confusing symptoms over the last several weeks.   They are as follows:  I have had increased lower abdomen swelling (seems almost bloated, but very hard), severe cramping, sometimes severe sharp pains, generally nausiated, abdomen tenderness, espcially above and below navel and lower right side.  The lower right side of my abdomen seems more swollen than the rest, it feels very hard and it is painful to put pressure in area of hardness and swelling.  I have had mostly normal bowel movements, except this last week I have been constipated frequently (but not continually), which is very rare for me.  I have also been very dizzy and lightheaded, and have been very short of breath doing normal activities.
I have also had some sharp pains in my lower back, seems to be general area where the pains also occur in abdomen.
My appetite is normal, except when I do eat, it does not digest very quickly, and I normally feel very nausiated and full afterwards.
I did go to my reg DR last week, and he did a series of tests.
He has ruled out a bladder or urinary tract infection, all urine tests were negative.
So he sent me to a OB/GYN, saying that the general area of pain could be uterus, and/or ovarie cysts or endometriosis.
I had a pap smear done, and also several tests and cultures to check for infection or bacteria.  I had a vaginal ultrasound also to see if there were possibly cysts or other problems.
Everything has come back normal.  There is nothing wrong w/ my reproductive organs, or bladder.
Where do I go from here?  have had no fever, I am 20 yrs old.