Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
always feel sick to my stomach

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

always feel sick to my stomach

hi,im a 24 year old male.i have always had a weak stomach,but the past few months its got worse.i am nasuated all the time,alot of times my stomach feels full,and if i drink alot of something i can feel it waving around.i went to doc and he took a stool sample,he said it had a little blood in it,but nothing to worry about.he percribed me nexium,i took it for about a week and at one point i felt worse.so now i dont no what to do,please help me give me some ideas.
                            thanx
I had the same problem and found it was gastritis with the H-Pylori bug. You really need a gastroenterologist and not a GP. Request an endoscopy. This will show a lot! Make an appt. with a GOOD GI.

Jennifer
ANYTIME you have blood found in your stool, it is a big deal, until they find the cause.  Be ready for a long haul of tests though.  Sometimes they can't find the cause.  I have had chronic blood loss found on occult, and stool guiac tests now for 31/2 yrs. and all they say now is IBS.  I have read up on IBS and have found that blood in the stool is not a side affect of it.  They have done CT scans, 2 Colonoscopies, small bowel follow through, and upper GI series, and cant find where the blood is coming from.  I am borderline anemic 1/2 the time, and they say my blood pressure drops 25 points from the sitting position- to the standing position after 15 min. between BP readings.  My Gastro said that was a indication for internal bleeding, and have also had Endoscope with negative results.  I have been on Prilosec, and now Nexium for 4 years.  To this day- they still do not know why, and I have gone to 2 other specialists, and they all have a different IDEA of what MAYBE it could be, but still no bananas.  Good luck and be a advocate for treatment- there is alot of quacks out there.