ampullary mass
My aunt was diagnosed with an ampullary mass (upper GI test) and my research has been fruitless. Several on-line medical dictionaries failed to produce even a brief description. Yahoo search produced medical journal-type articles, but I was hoping for something in "laymans" terms. If someone could point me in the right direction on this, I'd sure appreciate it.
Try google.com, it's a search engine, just type in "ampullary mass" and a list of sites come up, I use this alot and always get good results.
good luck,
Tanya:}
I was diagnosed with ampullary mass on 12/28/01. A biopsy was taken during the upper endoscopy exam and i am waiting for the results. I am experiencing extreme chest and abdominal pains, I was on Prevacid and now Nexium for GERD but neither is working. The mass was a surprise because they were not expecting it from the symptoms that I had been complaining about. If anyone has any information on ampullary mass, please post. Thanks.
A related discussion, bile duct was started.