Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
another elevated enzymes question
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

another elevated enzymes question

I have read many of the responses to the advice already given.  This is my question.  Today I was informed that I have elevated Alk/phosphates, elevated bilirubin, as well as elevated ALT.  The other tests came back fine.  I haven't yet seen this combination of results in the questions posted.  I am a 23 year old female that is overweight.  I excercise pretty much daily to try to lose weight(doesn't seem to work).  I have just had the set of thryroid tests and they have all come back fine.  As a teen I had hypoglycemia controlled by diet.  I have been tested for HIV and it was negative.  I am a non-drinker(maybe 4 times a year).  I do not and never have smoked or used drugs.  I use Tylenol very occaisionally for the odd headache and usually take less than the amount indicated on the back of the container(1-2 per headache).  My doctor has not disclosed much information except that they want to monitor these levels every 6 weeks.  I am just not sure what this all means or what to think of this.  Is there something I can be doing to help this situation any?  Thank you for your time.