Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
bile duct

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

bile duct

does anyone have dilation of bile duct? What could it be if no gall bladder for over 20 years?
What are your symptoms??
I have had and have now dialation of the bile duct.  Mine is from Chronic Pancreatitis.  Yours could be from something completly different.  See your GP and ask for a refferal to a GI specialist to assist you in finding out your problem.
TazLady
What exactly is dilation of the bile duct??    I have been having the same and even stronger abdominal pain and nauseousness since having my gallbladder removed 2wks ago.    I had an endoscopy done today which showed marked inflammation along my stomach, w/no evidence of any ulcers.    I am concerned about a stone possibly in my common bile duct which may be the cause of my pain?    Samples of the tissue was sent for a biopsy today so I am curious to know what that shows.    Any insight would be appreciated.   Thanks.

has anyone had an ercp test? Having one tomorrow and am anxious about it
I HAD A DILATED BILE DUCT IN SEPTEMBER OF 2001. I ALSO HAD MY GALLBLADDER OUT IN 1994. MINE WAS CLOSED UP WITH SCAR TISSUE. THEY DID AN ERCP AND OPENED IT BACK UP. THE ERCP IS NOT BAD AT ALL.
                             SINCERELY.
                             SUSAN
I have dilated ducts throughout the bile duct system(cbd,pancreatic,hepatic the size of a 90-year-old) this was discovered when I had my gallbladder removed in Feb.of 2001.I went through all this tests MRCP,Ultrasonic endo which found a stone blocking the CBD...then ERCP which could they could not find the stone to remove it.) So, my Gastro Doc blew me off and told me I had IBS and fibromygleia...Right???? So, I went back to my Family Practice M.D. and she put me on Questran light which is cholestrol lowering drug that also reduces bile flow. This drug has helped with my pain which consists of being sick every time I eat and bad back pain up my right side...I also lost 35-40 lbs. with this attacks. Noone has yet to explain the large dilation..some theories that a stoen is in the bile duct and causing a back flow therefor dilating the cbd...I am so disgusted with medicine at this point.Also, my gallbladder was functioing at 5% on hida scan and very enlarged when it was removed and filled with sledge and had previous stones..so the other theory is dilation from inactive gallbladder...I wish I had an answer but from my understanding better to be dilated than restricted which can cause pancreatitis. If you find out any information please inform us..thanks and good-luck!!!