Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
blood in stool/pain on left side

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

blood in stool/pain on left side

Posted By Carmen on November 17, 1998 at 12:54:15:

I am a 38 year old female, and in February my gastro doctor did a colonscopy because i had been having pain on my left side, and with my history of divirticulitis he thought it was acting up again. well he found no polyps or no problem of divirticulitis, As of october i have been experiencing the pain on my left side again and after every BM i will bleed, and if i eat or do not eat my stomag does all these rumbling noises, and i seem to burp a lot, also sometimes after a BM i will get the pain on my left side more stronger and if i pass gass the pain will subside. my doctor is sending me for a cat scan of my stomag in two weeks, and seems to think i have internal hemorrhoids but even after all the Anusol and Proctofoam i continue to bleed. my concern is colon cancer even though i went to the ER because of the bleeding and pain and was told by the  ER doctor that my blood tests all came out normal. also my rectum seems to hurt if i sit for a long time and if i lay down the pain in my rectum is not as bad. does anyone have any idea as to what may be going on? thanks