Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
bloody stool

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

bloody stool
myh
my b/f has a lot of bright blood in his stool. i need something to tell him to get him to go to dr.s. bloody stool for aprox.2 weeks. some general abdominal pains and tiredness.
Honey, you need to tell him to go to a doctor as soon as possible.  I have had bright red before too and still do.  Although my cause is not your B/F cause, bright red blood still indicates active bleeding from somewehre.  Most likely the intestines.  I only say there because of you mentioning his abdominal pain.  He likely bleeding internally from somewhere and this is not to be ignored.  It can be very serious, or could be nothing, but thats for a doctor to decide.  Take him to a doctor.  I have been through it and it isnt fun.  Im not trying to scare you, but really is nothing to mess with if he is actively bleeding internally which from the symptoms you have described he is!  I am a firefighter/EMT and although I am not a MD, I do know some, and when we have a patient that has been in a Car accident per say, The first things we look for to determine if there may be internal bleeding is a tender abdominal quadrant, Obvious bleeding, and/or weakness, lethargia, etc.  Nothing to mess with.

Smokeater
Good idea to go to the doctor. Bright red usually comes from lower down such as a hemmoroid or fissure, but it could be more serious such as Chrone's or ulcerative colitis which would be consistent with tiredness and abdominal pain. Does he have fevers? Bleeding from higher up is darker. Only a doctor can determine what it's from.
If you have bloody stools, please go to the doctor IMMEDIATLEY!
When I was 11, I had bloodt stools, and when I went to the doctor, they told me I had ulcertive colitis. When you have blood in the stools, it's a very bad sign, it could be either ulcertive colitis, or crohns colitis, and both are very bad! Find help from a doctor IMMEDIATLEY!!!!!!!
i the past 7-8 months i noticed blood in my stool, at first my doctor treated me for lack of potassium, after being treated i was alright for a 3-4 months and now i have bright red blood in the toilet bowl and on the toilet paper i have no abdominal pain, but i have gas regularly. over the last couple months i have had bright red blood about 3-4 times a month. my doctor said a colonoscopy was not necessary. what does cigarettes and coffee affect?

tonestone
23

tonestone
23