Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
bum

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

bum

I would like some help I need to know what I should use for my bum it's red & so is the hole inside it.  When I go to the washroom it's very sore. Is this a common thing that happens when you have Colitis?  Will I be able to clear this up and will it keep coming back? I want to feel better soon as possible.  Please get back to me and let me know.

Thank you,

Organ
Colitis, during one of it's ugly flare-ups, can cause very frequent bowel movements. The reslut of this increased frequency causes increased wiping. This can lead to some irritation in that area. Also, colitis can cause small anal fisures. These are small "cracks" in the sensitive tissue of the anus and when you continually wipe or pass stool through that area, this obviously will irritate it. This is just a SCENARIO that can happen. I suffered with colitis for a long time and experienced many unpleasent effects during that time. What is the name of the medication you are on? Hope all works out for you. Take care...and be healthy.
                                      J.C.I.
I'm using the medication for my bum it's called proctosedyl supporties it goes away then it comes back.  I didn't have this a the start of my colitis why is it just coming now.  I don't go to the washroom for the colitis only twice a day because my colitis is under control.  But this bum problem I would like to put a end to it.
K.S.