Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
burning / bleeding at anus

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

burning / bleeding at anus

Sometimes after an "excessive" weekend (drinking beer, eating spicy foods, etc) I get a burning during bowel movements accompanied by blood on the toilet paper; sometimes in a significant amount.  When I resume a normal diet the situation immediately goes away and my movements return to normal. Is this a cause for concern?
Yup.  Could be anything, but bleeding ulcer comes to mind.  Needs to be fixed, especially if you are anemic.  If you aren't, and you are bleeding like that - you will be.  Why would you wait?  Blood coming from somewhere it shouldn't is always a danger sign.
Question really,
I have Hep C and esophegeal(sp?)varices and a host of other problems including Osteoporosi with a "severe" risk of fracture 5 to6 times normal mean rate for men my age (42) and though I have been bleeding frequently for a couple of years I always thought it what they say hemmoroids (hemorrhoids)(sp?). Then the other day I had to rush madly for the toilet and about 3 or4 cups of maroon colored blood poured out of me, with some clotting on the tissue, (sorry to be so graphic) and then again later that night but not so much. I also seem to have Portal hypertension according to a scope done 6 years ago assoc. w/ cirrhosis, red palms etc. Is this probably just another lump at my anus bleeding out? I'm too young for colon cancer and Hep C doesn;t really seem to affect life to the point of death or anything too serious. Any help greatly appreciated. No money for tests as I have 5 vertrebal fractures and can't work right now, so testing is out. Thouhgt you all might know?
   Thanks again,
         Steve
Sometimes when using the bathroom, i get blood on the toilet paper, but none visible on the stool, It's not painful, but it worries me, I read the previous posts, and It was mentioned that mabey drinking more water could help, and since i drink little or no water, it could be a possibility, but It is embarassing to me, and I am affraid to mention it to my doctor, could someone give me some advice? Thansk, Chris