Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
burning back pain

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

burning back pain

Has anyone experienced or know what digestive problems can not only cause abdominal pain but also back pain.  I have been having right upper abdominal pain (low down in the upper ab)for about 10 weeks now.  I have had upper and lower scopes, scan of gall bladder and a colonoscopy so far.  This last week I have developed a burning pain in my right lower to middle back area and sometimes in the side. Once this back pain starts it stays fairly constant but is not there when I get up in the morning.  It starts shortly after though.  It seems to get worse as the day goes on.  It feels like it is connected to the pain I'm getting in the lower right part of the upper ab because they both hurt at the same time.  It sometimes hurts all the way across the back and across the ab below and above the navel. I don't have another appointment with my gastroenterologist for 3 weeks. Anyone have any ideas on this kind of pain?  Doe IBS cause symptoms such as these?  Thank you for you help.

Pancreatitis symptoms can and often do include both abdominal pain and pain that radiates to the back.  The back pain usually accompanies a pancreatitis flareup and is often located at the mid upper back, between the shoulderblades, about where the back of a bra would be.  I would suggest that you discuss this with your Gastroenterologist as soon as you can.  Good luck.

Nanny
hi davan,

i am having the same problem. severe stomach burning with pain in the back . i am having this problem for 6 months now. now the pain has spread to my lower back . i did a lot of clinical tests and everything seems to be o.k . the pain is worse for me and i feel great difficulty while working . searching for answers like you.
Does anyone know what would cause back muscles to burn?? There is slight pain also but the burning is annoying! Any suggestions would be very helpful and appreciated!