Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
burning back pain
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

burning back pain

Has anyone experienced or know what digestive problems can not only cause abdominal pain but also back pain.  I have been having right upper abdominal pain (low down in the upper ab)for about 10 weeks now.  I have had upper and lower scopes, scan of gall bladder and a colonoscopy so far.  This last week I have developed a burning pain in my right lower to middle back area and sometimes in the side. Once this back pain starts it stays fairly constant but is not there when I get up in the morning.  It starts shortly after though.  It seems to get worse as the day goes on.  It feels like it is connected to the pain I'm getting in the lower right part of the upper ab because they both hurt at the same time.  It sometimes hurts all the way across the back and across the ab below and above the navel. I don't have another appointment with my gastroenterologist for 3 weeks. Anyone have any ideas on this kind of pain?  Doe IBS cause symptoms such as these?  Thank you for you help.