Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
constipation and rectal tearing bowl movement?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I am a 23-yearold female and recently began having discomfort during bowel movements. Mostly when consipated and have noticed blood when wiping and in water! im assuming this is hemmrhoids...but know little about them. And ive also became aware of irritation and some minor pain throughtout the day! Can anyone relate? or offer me some help? PLEASEEE! thanks....
It sounds like a fissure or hemmorhoids.  If its painful when you have a bowel movement, it could be a fissure. Thats just a tear in your anus, but they can be quite painful and sometimes require surgury.  (my uncle had one so bad he's still bleeding a year after the surgury.)  Hemmorhoids also cause blood on the toilet paper as well as in the toilet water.  You should probably go to your doctor and have a sigmoidoscopy to find out which one it is.  If its hemmorhoids, they can give you suppositories to help heal it.  If its a fissure, they can figure out if it can be healed with medication or if they need to "go up there" and fix it.  Don't be scared!  Blood in the toilet water and on the toilet paper means its coming from very low in the rectum, EXACTLY where the hemmorhoids or fissures would be.  If you were that constipated, you may even be the lucky winner of both of the above!!! :-D  (constipation causes hemmoriods and can cause a tear in the rectum, which is a fissure)  i hope i've helped!!
katie
thanks to katey i feel alot better about it now i have always thought it was hemrhoids but often thought that i was to young for them! oh well im so glad that you awnsered my question...bythe way heres another one...what are mostly the symptoms to a bladder or kidney infection? and can these symptoms go on for a months? i have recently expierienced discomfort in lower right side and lower back what do you think?
symptoms of a kidney infection are lower back pains and going to the washroom more frequently.  If you've been having the symptoms for months, GO TO THE DOCTORS!!! lol, you're in totally unnecessary pain!!!  I had a bladder infection about a  year ago and OHHHHHHHHHH The pain i don't know how you've handled it for this long.  Go to the docs!!  They'll take a urine test and tell you whats wrong, and give you medication and you won't have to worry about it anymore.  DOCTOR DOCTOR DOCTOR :-D