Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
dizziness and stomach pain

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

dizziness and stomach pain

i first went to the doctors 4 weeks ago because of sharp stabbing pain in my upper mid abdomen that slowly faded away. she didn't do any tests, told me it sounded like gastritis, about 4 days later i began to get very dizzy and confused with on and off sometimes severe headaches. I feel in a daze and i have constant pressure on my head. I went to see a doctor for my dizziness they took blood work and urine, said everything's normal they think i might suffer from migraines( which i've suffered from before, but it never felt like this). Now I get sick on and off. the pressure on my head begins shortly after i wake and sometimes i have shard shooting pains on the side of my head. I also still have problems with my stomach. the second after i eat my stomach bloats out so much and i get nauseous and feel like throwing up, i turn pale and feel ill most of the day. I also feel a lot of pressure on my shoulders and neck. The doctor i've seen doesn't seem to think it's something serious. I just want to know what's wrong with me so I can try to make it go away. what could be wrong with me?
1 Comment
You need a complete medical work-up including EKG, CBC w/diff and a chemistry profile. Migraines would not cause sharp pains in the abdomen. Are you stressed out, or do you have anxiety? It is possible for nerves and/or anxiety to cause these symptoms, but organic causes should be ruled out first.