excessive air in stomach

Dear doctor,
  I am a 35 year old female who in the past 8 months has been dealing with an excessive amount of air in my stomach.  I took Gas-x which seemed to help short term.  I burp all the time and I have no pain or other discomfort.  It is all in the stomach area as I do not have lower intestinal problems.  Any ideas what may cause this?  I also get alot more PVCs since I've been like this.  Could lactose intolerance be the problem?  Also, someone told me ovarian cancer can have this symptom.  Is that true?  Please respond.  Thank you.
______
Dear sandy,
Excessive air can result from either production of gas in the gastrointestinal tract (e.g. lactose intolerance, ingestion of beans or roughage) or by swallowing air.  Swallowed air can result if you are a mouth breather, talk or drink when eating etc.  Treatment is to take a medication which adsorbs the air e.g. charcoal compounds such as Gas-X or simethicone compounds.
This information is presented for educational purposes only.  Ask specific questiosn to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: gas. aerophagia
0.1

A related discussion, why people have air in stomach was started.
A related discussion, hiatal hernia was started.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?