Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
feels like a big lump in throat

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

feels like a big lump in throat

I've had this and can't stand it anymore..I feel like If I eat something it sits at the bototm of my throat..it's not all the time  but the last few days it has been constant..it also have burping constantly and this feeling feels like a huge burp is stuck..I am 29 and healthy..I had a endoscopy done 4 yrs ago and they said I had mild inflammation and took prilosec for 8 weeks..anyone think this could be reflux again?

Ash...

Sounds like GERD.  I had the same symptoms, felt like if I swallowed REAL hard it would go away.  I was "scoped" and the ENT said the "flap" (for lack of a better word) between my stomach and esophagus was inflamed, due to the regurgitating stomach acid.  He recommended I stay away from......chocolate, coffee,alcohol,(taking all of the fun out of life here...)carbonated beverages and suggested I take Maalox before meals and at bedtime.  In addition, no food at least 2 hours before going to bed.  He suggested this regimen for 10 days (it lasted about 2 days) but I felt much better.  I keep Tums or Rolaids with me all the time, in case I have a flare up.  Best to check with an ENT if you can.  Hope this helps!
When you feel the lump coming up, stick a finger in your throat and tickle the extreme back of your tong.  It makes you belch strongly without throwing up.  Gives instant relieve.  A small teaspoon of creamy peanut butter then also helps me. Barend
ItsAllie is giving you good, sensible and accurate advice.
I have a weird feeling in my throat as well but it sounds different from you guys. I hope you can help.

Sometimes I get a real bad pressure and pain in my upper back that radiates through to my upper chest. Sometimes it last for a few minutes other times it hangs on for an hour or so at a time. My throat feels a little weird (like slight constriction) when it happens as well.

What could be wrong with me?

Karen