Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
foul smelling/tasting gas!
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

foul smelling/tasting gas!

Posted By bea on June 10, 1998 at 22:36:27:

I really need your help. I am a 30 year old female, in great health.  Four years ago, when I was pregnant with my first daughter, I started experiencing severe upper abdominal pain, vomiting and diarehhia.  I always knew when an attack was coming because of the aweful tasting gas. It tastes like and smells like EGG.  I ALWAYS have this taste in my mouth with each attack.  1 year after having the baby I was fine, got pregnant again, and the same thing happened again. only this time it hasn't stopped.  I have been to 2 different gasteroenterologists and they have done various tests on me (including Upper GI series, follow through, colonoscopy, barium enema)and nothing has come up.  It is unrelated to any specific foods as I have been keeping a food journal for quite sometime. These episodes only occur every 2 months, and the morning after I am fine. Free to eat anything I want, feeling like nothing has happened. It usually (80% of the time)occurs at night, and I am usually in pain and vomitting, and tasting those wonderful egg burps for about 4 hours. I dont always get the diarehhia.  I find it most frustrating that no-one offers any hope.  Please, please suggest something. Thank you for this wonderful website!!