Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
gallblader removed, have stone in my bile duct after unsuccessful EGD

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Gallbladder was removed this June, then I had stones in my bile duct. I had two EGD operations. But still have bile duct stones after two unsucceful EGDs. I have heavy jaundice and my skin is itching. I think my EGD was unsuccessful. Last operation was 4 days ago. Please advice!
Bile duct stones can be diagnosed with an MRCP or ERCP.  The latter test may be needed to actually remove any obstructing stones.  

If the jaundice continues, I would discuss the aforementioned tests with your GI physician.  

The EGD that you mentioned will not address biliary duct stones.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin Pho, M.D.

KevinMD.com
Twitter.com/kevinmd
Thank you for the quick response.

Can you recomend the best clinics for my procedures? Money is not an issue. I would prefer any clinic in Europe as I live in Armenia, it is closer to me.