Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
headaches?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

headaches?

I would like to know if there are others out there that get headaches when their systems act up.  When I am feeling bloated, distended and my bowel does not empty completely I get a headache .  I have had this problem for years.  Last year I had bowel surgery to fix both an enterocele and an rectocele.  I had hoped that this would fix my problems of feeling yuccy alot but it did fix having to help myself to pass my stools but it did not stop the headaches and bloating etc.  I also have one very large gallstone and wonder how much this factors into my bloating & gas.  I do not have constipation as such.  I go every day.  My stools vary from very smooth, thin to diarrhea and gas in between .  I just seem to take forever to empty my colon.  I always have the feeling of pressure in my lower colon.  Occasionally wake up with extreme backache which tends to go away when I sit on the toilet.  I wonder whether the bowel surgery created a lot of scarring and this is causing the passing of stool to slow down a lot.  But it is the headaches that really put me out of commission.  I end up taking some tynenol and end up in bed.  Does anyone else go through these problems on a regular basis?
ALOT like what i'm going thru -- see my posting on 8-26-01 !  Maybe someone will respond!!  The Headaches is also what "Puts me out" but it seems to "Build" up I think from gastic problems -- Anyway  good luck to you!     Its under 6 yrs Abdominal,back & headache pain!
How can I get to other topic areas other than headaches?   My problem is in my bottom (rectocele surgery that did not correct absence of motility)and not in my head!!