Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
how many times should one have bowel movements a day?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

i just started taking probiotics about 3 days ago along with aloe vera gel and since then i have been going to the bathroom twice a day.when i normally used to go once every other day.is this normal.
If your a man this isn't unusual at all..  :) But even if your a woman I wouldn't worry unless it gets really watery or very loose
and you get dehydrated. Drnk plenty of water..  the extra bacteria your taking is probably just processing things faster..
How much aloe vera gel are you using?  That can act as a laxative.  When I drink the aloe vera juice, I only drink an ounce at bedtime mixed with a diluted juice of some kind (whatever I happen to have).  I haven't had a problem doing it that way.
I've been told that every individual is different for how many is normal to them. I used to have one a day, but then my gastro. system got messed up (antibiotics) so I started taking probiotics and aloe vera. I would then go 3 or 4 times a day- really, whenever I could. I am still taking probiotics and aloe vera and my system is getting more back to normal. Before I started the probiotics/aloe vera I oringinally had diahrea then I couldn't go for days...until I started taking them. I wouldn't be too worried about it as long as you are following the guidelines on the probiotics and aloe vera...
thanks to all for the input i have been taking one ounce three times a day,and probiotics  twice a day.my problem is that i worry to much for any little thing,when it comes to my health.thank you again.
You sound JUST like me....LOL
It's definitely the aloe! Too much will cause it to act as a laxative. Let me know how your gastritis does on the aloe. If it helps at all! Good luck ;)
-Jennifer
Hey i have them sometimes up to 3 times a day, then i go to the doctors and still find out im constipated as can be. There is really no # for it. some people go three times a day some go three times a week, if u feel okay then u should be fine.