Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
increase of SGPT, SGOT and GGT value
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

increase of SGPT, SGOT and GGT value

I'm 29years male,married no children yet,heavy weight 220lbs,non smoker,non alcoholic,play sport basket ball+golf,I have noticed about 18months ago,my pathology blood test show an increase of SGPT,SGOT and GGT enzyme level and the local doctor diagnosed a fatty liver and treated with HB-pro and Urdafalk and Lipitor/Provacol if my cholesterol is high. I went to consult many doctors and none of them know the diagnose nor give me a right treatment which make me frustrated. The level of SGOT is 50% higher than normal value and the SGPT up to 100% and the GGT is 10~20%. Please advice what caused it and what test should I take to determine the exact diagnose? Can we know by an x-ray or USG what caused it or the only way is to do the liver biopsy? Is it recommended to do the liver biopsy or any medication or vitamin should I consume before I decide to have a biopsy? How dangerous is the risk of liver biopsy? Please advice which doctor or clinic should I consult in Seattle or Los Angeles or other state in US. Just for the additional information, my parent and sister have a normal SGPT, SGOT and GGT level. Thank you and Regards JOE