Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
increase of SGPT, SGOT and GGT value
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

increase of SGPT, SGOT and GGT value

I'm 29years male,married no children yet,heavy weight 220lbs,non smoker,non alcoholic,play sport basket ball+golf,I have noticed about 18months ago,my pathology blood test show an increase of SGPT,SGOT and GGT enzyme level and the local doctor diagnosed a fatty liver and treated with HB-pro and Urdafalk and Lipitor/Provacol if my cholesterol is high. I went to consult many doctors and none of them know the diagnose nor give me a right treatment which make me frustrated. The level of SGOT is 50% higher than normal value and the SGPT up to 100% and the GGT is 10~20%. Please advice what caused it and what test should I take to determine the exact diagnose? Can we know by an x-ray or USG what caused it or the only way is to do the liver biopsy? Is it recommended to do the liver biopsy or any medication or vitamin should I consume before I decide to have a biopsy? How dangerous is the risk of liver biopsy? Please advice which doctor or clinic should I consult in Seattle or Los Angeles or other state in US. Just for the additional information, my parent and sister have a normal SGPT, SGOT and GGT level. Thank you and Regards JOE