Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
inflamed duodenum
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
inflamed duodenum
I was diagnosed a few months ago with an inflamed duodenum.  An endoscopy didn't show any particular reason for the inflammation (no ulcer or blockage).  I have been suffering from persistant nausea, which I think is from the inflammation.  What are some other possible causes for the inflammation?  Is there any medication that can reduce the inflammation so that the nausea will go away?  I have tried metachlopramide, which didn't seem to make me feel better and elevated my prolactin levels.  I have also tried taking prevacid and nexium to try to reduce the inflammation, but they make me feel worse. I had an ultrasound done which came back normal. Are there any other tests that can be done to try to find out the cause of the inflammation?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
A related discussion, duadanum pain was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A related discussion, inflamed duodenum was started.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now