Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
inflamed duodenum

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

inflamed duodenum
I was diagnosed a few months ago with an inflamed duodenum.  An endoscopy didn't show any particular reason for the inflammation (no ulcer or blockage).  I have been suffering from persistant nausea, which I think is from the inflammation.  What are some other possible causes for the inflammation?  Is there any medication that can reduce the inflammation so that the nausea will go away?  I have tried metachlopramide, which didn't seem to make me feel better and elevated my prolactin levels.  I have also tried taking prevacid and nexium to try to reduce the inflammation, but they make me feel worse. I had an ultrasound done which came back normal. Are there any other tests that can be done to try to find out the cause of the inflammation?
A related discussion, duadanum pain was started.
A related discussion, inflamed duodenum was started.