Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
is a gallbladder or food poisoning:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

is a gallbladder or food poisoning:

Is this a gallbladder or food poisoning?  
Right now, I am a 34 years old male. I was in very good health
Between 1991 and 1995 (when I was around 18 years old), I have been admitted to emergency room for serve upper abdominal pain, neck and back pain more than 13 times!  From 1995 until 2003, things were fairly normal expect I had mild indigestion and mild upper abdominal pain here and there.
Unfortunately, things got worst in Nov. 2003.  In Nov.21st, 2003, I had food poisoning after I ate fish and caned mushroom cream sauce. On the same day, I vomited the fish and the mushroom sauce. Continued to vomit everything I ate for straight six days and lost 11 lbs.  In addition to these symptoms, I start to loss weight and appetite with extreme upper abdominal discomfort vomiting undigested foods, primarily meats.  I feel like a tennis ball stuck in the back of my breastbone. In recent days, I feel very depressed too.
IN THE LAST TWO YEARS I HAVE DONE THE FOLLOWING TESTS:
ENDOSCOPY (TWICE): both of say minimal gastric
FOOD EMPTYING TEST: Negative
COLONOSCOPY: small internal hemorrhoids
CT SCAN RESULT: normal
BARIUM SWALLOW RESULT: normal
GASTRIC MOTILITY STUDY: Normal
HIDA SCAN TEST RESULT: everything seen, At no time during this period was there evidence of activity within the gallbladder itself. No activity in the gallbladder is seen.
ULTRA SOUND (three times)
FIRST ULTRA SOUND RESULT: Gallbladder is distended with a large gallstone.  CBD is 2 mm.
SECOND ULTRA SOUND RESULT: there is a gallstone in the gallbladder neck. The stone measures approximately 1.2 cm.  Gallbladder wall is thicken
THIRD ULTRA SOUND RESULT: There is a non-mobile gallstone in the gallbladder neck and also some sludge in the gallbladder.  The CBD 4 mm in diameter. The stone measures approximately 1.3 cm.
LAB WORKS:
COMPLETE BLOOD TEST (TWICE): BOTH OF THEM ARE NORMAL: Hepatitis A, B and C: negative, CELIAC disease panel: normal, IGA Serum: normal and HIV and STD: negative
URINALYSIS (twice): both of them are normal
H. PYLORI TESTS: negative
FAMILY HISTORY:
My mother, my brother and two sisters have removed their gallbladders.
MEDICATIONS I WAS PUT ON: Reglen, Zelrom, Prevacid, Protonix and PREVPAC.
My questions to you are:
Can food poisoning stay for two years and have the above symptoms?
Can you have a gallbladder problem without upper or URQ pain?
What is the effect of bile duct obstruction or gallbladder problem on the Kidney?
Can a gallbladder problem cause depression and loss of sexual interest?
Why one test says CBD 2 mm and the other test says CBD is 4 mm?
What does it mean
To answer the questions:
1) Although possible, it is unlikely that the symptoms of food poisoning would last 2 years.
2) Yes, it is possible to have gallbladder symptoms without discomfort.  Further evaluation can be done with an MRCP to evaluate the biliary ducts.
3) If the gallbladder issues remain untreated, it can lead to severe liver disease that may affect the kidney.
4) Although possible, I am not aware of gallbladder diseases that specifically leads to a loss of sexual interest.
5) Different ultrasound techs or radiologists have have different interpretations of the ultrasound.
6) This means the gallbladder was not seen during the HIDA scan.
7) A family history of gallbladder disease increases your risk of gallbladder disease.
8) A surgeon would have to answer this question after a proper examination.
9) Morphine is sometimes used if the gallbladder cannot be seen on HIDA scan.  It increase the tone of the Sphincter of Oddi.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
would consider consulting a naturopathic doctor!

I have been mis-diagnosed for over 2years. When my naturopathic doctor was able to tell me what was wrong with in one meeting. My (former)primary care doctor is out of practice (i think) diagnosing anything that isn't a cold or flu type illness.

After having an ultra-sound it took my (former)primary care doctor 3weeks, to contact me... and it was me that made the initial call to find out the results of the ultra-sound... I have enough gallstones that my (former) primary care doctor suggested immediate surgery.

There are 14 states that honor naturopath's as primary care doctors.

Check out : http://www.naturopathic.org/

Good luck.

And the 'naturapath' said?