Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
is it really ibs?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

is it really ibs?
Posted By tom g. on September 20, 1998 at 22:21:19:

I've been bothered by abdominal pain for the past 2-3 years.  I've been to several doctors who, after extensive tests have determined it to be either IBS or non-ulcer dyspepsia.  These are the following tests I've had -all were normal:
abdominal ct scan - iodine contrast
ultrasound of abdomen
upper gi and lower gi series
colonoscopy
endoscopy of upper gi
gallbladder x ray (double dose)
gastric emptying scan
again, all were normal.  The pain is located under my right rib cage (generally) but also occurs in other areas of my right abdomen.  It ranges from a dull ache to a burning sensation.  I find it difficult to lie on my stomach at night as it feels like it is being pinched.  Any suggestions.  Thank you.