Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
lansoprazole

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

lansoprazole
Hi everyone
I have been prescribed lansoprazole for my acid problems by my doctor and have been taking 30mg per day for about 2 months. Is this drug ok to take long term as I think I may have to take it for a considerable time yet. I have tried to cut down to 15mg per day but the burning in my stomach returns with a vengence. I have had help from this forum before and will be seeing a specialist in a few months, but in the meantime does anyone have any natural solutions for this problem. Somebody told me that drinking liqorice root helps?
luv and good health to all of you
tammy aka gomey

ps I have a suspected hiatus hernia accompanied by gerd waiting for confirmation by specialist.
Licorice tea is soothing provided there are no spices in it.  I tried the plain licorice root capsules, emptied them and made tea that way.  It is soothing but I'm on prevacid also.