Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
liver damage from ecstasy

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

liver damage from ecstasy
q
I went through a stage of taking ecstasy and as a result got acne. Even after given up the ecstasy i still have pimply and congested skin. I'm 100% certain my skin problem was caused by the drugs as i never had a problem before. Apparently, ecstasy can cause breakouts among some users as the drug breaksdown the liver very quickly , so the liver can't deal with all the toxins and they rise to the surface of the skin causing spots. I have tried some antibiotics but without any success. I spoke to my doctor about this and will have a blood test which will show if there any problems with my liver, but will these tests only show serious liver damage? Also if there is a slight problem which is revealed in the test , what would happen next? would i have to take more pills or something like that?Also how long would it take my liver to repair itself so it could work 100% again and so i would stop getting spots?thanks alot
Your liver does rejuvenate itself, but it also depends on what kind of damage is done.
Your next step would probably be a liver biopsy.  It is the only true test as to the condition of your liver.  I have some experience having been diagnosed with Hep C for the past 3 years.  I chart all my bloodwork (at least monthly) during that time and have had 2 liver biopsy's.