Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
low grade stomach problems 2 weeks strait

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

At first I thought it was just something I ate...but every day for about 2-3 weeks now, I have this uneasy feeling in my stomach.  I would call it nausea, but I don't think I'm going to vomit.  I guess it feels more like the feeling when you are on a roller coaster, and this feeling keeps building up until I go to the bathroom and do #2.  I'd definately have to say I've had a sudden change in bowel habits.   My only known medical problem is a benign osteoma/bone tumor 3.5 centimeters located supra orbital to my left eye, and problems with chronic headaches.  I wondered if this can be neurologically related GI problem or probably something else?    It is not extremely severe pain..no sharp pains yet...just that YUCK feeling that builds up all day every day and when I do #2 it feels very slightly better for a while...I'm definately not feeling normal here.   By the way I am 29 years old and male.   And this feeling in my stomach I get, well, it's not extremely localized but it feels more "diffuse" or spread out in the middle/lower abdomen area and I seem to have been passing more gas too.  

So, what do you think this "might" be?  (I know you can't diagnose me...just looking for educational possiblities here please).
One more thing is that my doctor can't see me for 2 more weeks and do you think this may be something that could be efficiently worked up in a University ER setting or would they probably just refer me to my regular doc..

Thanks for the input..I feel quite bad and would very much value some good thoughtful input from you.

Various types of upper GI disorders can be considered, including GERD, an ulcer, or inflammation of the upper digestive tract.  An upper endoscopy can be considered to rule out the major GI disorders.

If there is a change in the bowel habits, inflammatory bowel disease or colitis can be considered.  A colonoscopy can be considered to fully evaluate for these possibilities.  

If the tests remain negative, irritable bowel syndrome can be considered, and treatment optimized for this condition.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Along the same lines as the stomach pain topic...

Well I've had stomach pain/vommiting/diahrea for over a 16 months intermittently now and my issue still isn't going away. I've been treated for IBS, anxiety (stress), Acid Reflux, I've had an endoscopy and colonoscopy and I keep getting sick. At this point I'm extremely frustrated because I keep missing work/school/vacation plans for emergency room visits because I vomit until I pass out, get dehydrated, or continue for longer than an hour...etc and now I come to the internet for ideas and answers...

My medical provider is northern California Kaiser and I also received a second opinion from a doctor that I payed out of pocket to see. He suggested a CT scan and maybe a seretonin level check....My primary care doctor seems to think these tests will yield negative results as well so she resorts to medicating me to try and figure out what I have....Any ideas? Help?

Thank you for your time.
Just realized the comment sections aren't read...will post a follow-up question later...
Have you travelled outside of Europe recently? Could you possibly have picked up a bacterial infection or parasite such as Guardia? This happened to me after travelling in India. Initially very lose stools, nausea, gas, loss of appetite and fatigue. After 2-3 weeks the acute symptoms disappeared leaving me with low grade stomach pain and occasional nausea. Stools aren't quite right either but no diarreah (diarrhea). I visited my GP who immediately referred me to hospital for tropical diseases for tests.