Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
lower abdominal, right side pain
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

lower abdominal, right side pain

I was just diagnosed with diverticulitis, however, in reviewing your web page, all information refers to lower LEFT abdominal pain, where as what I am experiencing is lower RIGHT, almost near the groin area, pain.  I have already had my appendix removed, some 20 years ago, am not pregnent, and have been taking oral Cipro for two days now.  This is not feeling any better.  My physician wants to see my after the 10 day antibiotic regimen is complete, possibly to do an ultrasound.  Does this follow with the fact that this RIGHT SIDED pain, or do I need another opinion? Thanks for any input.