Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
lower back pain, rectal pain and bleeding.

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Subject: lower back pain, rectal pain and bleeding.

Forum: The Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Forum

I am a 39 year old female, i have been having rectal bleeding for the last 6 months, i had a colonscopy done in 02-97 since i was having some divirticulitis symptoms ( i had that before) and everything came out fine. in october of 98 i started having rectal bleeding ( i had that before also and they said it was hemmorrhoids)anyway the bleeding continued and my colon surgeon did a procto sigmo. exam and concluded i had big internal hemmorrhoids. he gave me proctofoam which did not help. i went back to him on february with the same symptoms and he did a flexible sigmo. and he saw a lot of divirticulitis and the internal hemmorrhoids again, well since then on and off i still have the rectal bleeding. now i have a lower back pain right on the coccix ( i do not know how to spell it)area and when i get that pain i also feel pain in my rectum. can it be connected? i had called the doctor and he said it is my bone in my lower back that it can occur because of stress,  or arthritis? also he still maintains the bleeding is from the hemmorrhoids. if hemmorrhoids are not treated can they become cancer? i have noticed that if i eat spicy foods or dairy the bleeding starts continues for a long time. i have stopped all that and sometimes for no reason at all it starts. even if i pass gas it bleeds. and the blood is bright red. please give me your opinion on this. thanks.      

Follow Ups:

Re: lower back pain, rectal pain and bleeding. HFHSM.D.-rf 4/10/1999
(0)

Re: lower back pain, rectal pain and bleeding. Nannie 4/09/1999
(0)

Re: lower back pain, rectal pain and bleeding. Nannie 4/08/1999
(0)