nausea and dry heaves

I have had bouts of nausea and dry heaves (hard gagging but not vomitting) for nearly four months.  After several tests my gastroenterologist concluded that the symptoms were related to  a low functioning (emptying) gallballder and I should have my galbladder removed, which I did.  However, the symptoms have persisted.  There doesn't seem to be any correlation between what I eat (or when I eat) and the symptoms.  The sysmptoms can some on very suddenly or evolve over a short period of time (a few hours).  Any information is greatly appreciated.

_

Dear lara,
The scenario that you describe is quite common.  Recurrence of symptoms after surgery is frequent if the gall bladder is removed for symptoms that are not classical for biliary colic.  At ts stage, it is now necessary to search for other possible causes for your abdominal symptoms e.g. gastrointestinal inflammation, impaired motility
This information is presented for educational purposes.  Ask specific questions to your personal physician.
HFHSM.D.-rf
*keywords: gall bladder surgery
0.1