Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
nausea in the morning/stomach acid?

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

nausea in the morning/stomach acid?

I often feel nauseous and have lot of burping in the morning or when I have an empty stomach, does it mean that I have too much stomach acid or too little? Sometimes, it is relieved 1/2 to 1 hour after I have eaten something, sometimes, it takes longer. Can I do something about it? Eat more often? I have 3 meals/day but I have a sensitive stomach.  In addition, does anyone know if Helicobacter pylori can be detected in stool sample?  If the stool sample does not have bacteria, does it mean that I have no Helicobacter pylori in my stomach?
H. Pylori can be detected by a breath test and a blood test..as
I have just had a blood test for it..the breath test is not yet available here in Canada.
Are you experiencing any pain in your stomach? Have you mention your symptoms to your doctor? Stress and nerves can also cause GI problems but it could be a number of things..such as what you are eating, IBS, ulcer or food allergies. That's why it is best to discuss this with your doctor..tell him/her your symptoms and together to can narrow it down by tests to find out what it is that is causing you this nausea and stomach acid.
You might want to try taking some Gaviscon before going to bed at night as it sounds like you are having acid reflux. Gaviscon will form a foamy barrier which will keep the acid from coming back up. Take note of what you are eating and try to stay away from foods and drinks which promote the acid. Cut down on your coffee if you drink any...orange juice will also give you acid and spicy foods. If you are stressed try to take a few minutes each day to lay down and have good thoughts and relax...deep breathe using the whole of your lungs. Alot of people will only use half or a quarter of their lungs when they are breathing which is a signal to the rest of your body,(quick short breaths) that you are in stress mode. Try taking deep breaths and use all of your lungs and it will realax you. That is why when you  sleep..your body's automatic instinct takes over and you start to deep breathe..the right way to breath..using the whole of your lungs. You might try Yoga which is very good for the mind and body.
Take care and be well :)