Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
orange oily stool

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

orange oily stool
My 4 year old daughter has been having orange oil stool, so oily that the oil floats to the top of the water.  She doesn't seem to have any pain with this, but I am still concerned.  She has a low fat low sugar diet, and she is not over weight at all.  The first time this happened was while visiting family out of state.  If anyone has any info could help I would very much appreicate it.
hi im 23 and about 2 weeks ago i started to notice the same thing but only after i would eat hamburgers,steak etc. at first iit didn't bother me but it started to happen everday so i went to the doctor and he did a rectal exa. and found blood in my stool .so he is sending me to a specialist this week april 5th and will do a colonoscope. the doc. told me it could be a bowel disease or internal hemmoroids. but i will tell you this not meaning to scare you but before i went to the doctor i started to search on the net orange tinted oil drops and it took me to a pediatric site that had a picture of the oil drops in a childs colon that looked just like what i had.it said children who do this is usually checked for cystic fibrosis. so you may need to see the doctor. the oil drops is the first symton it said on the web page. hope this is helpful.
i have started to have an orange stool, as well. orange oil like substance floats to thetop of the water in the toilet. what the heck is going on. im 33
I began experiencing the same symptoms a day ago, orange oily substance in stool.  I am 32 years old.  I had just been to a Sushi bar the evening before and assumed maybe that it had something to do with that.  I have been searching the internet and found an article on olestra.  This is used in some chips.  I know that two days ago I ate a bunch of chips that I had never tried before.  I am going to check the ingredients as soon as I get home this evening. The article was at www.cspinet.org/new/ltr_041602.html if you are interested.
Very strange.  I had the same thing.  Orange oil.  I was at work, and had no idea this was on its way.  I had fish for the first time the night before.  (Orange roughy)  I can only assume for now that it was some kind of fish oil?
A related discussion, Orange oil substance with stool was started.
A related discussion, orange oily bowel movement was started.