Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
orange spots in stools

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

orange spots in stools

For the past couple of weeks i've had obvious blood in my stool.  It was bright red.  Its stopped over the past two days, but now i have small orange spots in it.  They look orange, but seem kind of like tissue.  Thier no bigger then the size of this "o"  and their not liquid.  Would this be blood mixed in the stool???  When it gets on the toilet paper it looks red, but its still not liquid.  They're just little dark orange chunks, (lol, sorry to be so graphic), and i'm not sure what blood actually mixed in the stool would look like.  There's no streaks of blood, just these orange spots and mucus.  I haven't eaten anything orange.  Could blood appear an orange color??  would that be considered hidden blood?? thanks!!!
Are you a cartoon carachter?
c-h-a-r-a-c-t-e-r

and from what i read in some of your old postings, you were a little bit of a hypochondriact yourself.  you needed constant reassurance, and you had actually had quite a few tests done to put your mind at ease.  i haven't.  all i've had was a blood test.  i know i'm probably being obnoxious needing all this constant reassurance, but if you don't want to answer my question, don't respond.  i know you've been patient up until now, but it made me a little angry when i went back and read your old post and i saw how worried you still were and you had all the tests done that should have put your mind at ease.  if i were you i wouldn't judge.
I know this sounds stupid but have you drank a lot of kool aid that was orange?  When my son was small he drank a lot of kool aid and it showed up in his urine and stool.
I am not sure how much I can help you, but I wanted to let you know that there are a lot of people in this forum who want to help and be supportive. Don't let one comment get you down.

I can tell you that bleeding in the intestines ranges from bright red to dark black. It all depends on where the bleeding is coming from. If there is bleeding from the rectal area it is usually bright red. If there is bleeding closer to the stomach, it usually shows up as black stool. I have never seen blood in the stool that looked orange (been a nurse for 11 years). Maybe it is fat or mucous. Check with your doctor, they can do a very quick test to see if it is blood. Good Luck
Katey, I am sorry and you are correct in your post above...you have my most sincere appologies.  Character is spelled c h a r a c t e r.  I will never let it happen again.

PS. I did have my share of problems, I was just beginning to wonder if you were making stuff up just to get a reaction (on forums it is known as trolling)...I already told you that you were fine.
......I'm sorry Doug.......  I don't know anyone sad and pathetic enough to write stuff on a forum full of a bunch of complete and total strangers just for a reaction.  I've never heard of "trolling".  I'm supposed to feel reassured because YOU told me i'm ok??  You had how many doctors tell you that you were fine, and you were STILL paranoid.  That was my only problem with you.  That you were being judgemental after you've been through the same thing.

Hi Katey - It's me again, hehe.

I have those EXACT orange thingies!!! I always thought they were just parts of tomatoes or something... let me know if you learn anything.