Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
pain after colon resection

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

pain after colon resection
Dear Doctor: I had a large colon resection (lower left) on April 1st. I still have a pain in the site of the resection when I move in certain ways and when I press in on the area. It is quite tender, but not hot and I feel fine other-wise. No temperature. It really acts up just before a bowel movement and during. My poops are not too bad soft and well-formed. My surgeon is gone for the weekend. What do you think? Just still recovering? My appetite is great.
Thanks for your time, Synth
This should be discussed and examined by your surgeon.

Infection and bleeding are two complications that needs to be excluded.  

If there is any further concern, you can go to the emergency room for a more expedient evaluation.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patients education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
www.kevinmd.com
A related discussion, bowel resection complications was started.
A related discussion, colon resection was started.