Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
pain in right side 1yr after appendectomy

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

I hade and emergency appendectomy August of 2000 and lately my right side has been hurting.Today it's hurting whenever I laugh or even bend. What do you think is the reason, could it be a "phantom pain"?
It could be possibly.  If it continues or if you experience
any other symptoms along with it it's time to have it checked
out.  Scar tissue can do some pretty strange stuff sometimes.
I had an appendectomy about four months ago, my appendix had become infected and my body built scar tissue around it.  The pain kept reoccuring and I kept being missdiagnossed.  Finnally, an MRI showed a large mass (which turned out to be the scar tissue around the appendix).  The Dr. said that this was rare.  Anyway, I am still having some concerning pains in my lower right and left quadrants.  I was wondering if any one else had expirenced any post surgery pains of this sort or should I go back to the Dr?
A related discussion, side effects of appendectomy was started.