Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
pain just under breast bone

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

pain just under breast bone
i have a dull pain just under my breast bone. Sometimes it spreads to the left under my rib cage.
sometimes it has a slight spasm feeling to it. it is worse when my stomach is empty.
two years ago the doc said i have IBS and I take Asacol every day.

anyone else come across this??
i'm 23 years old and i've had the same problem with pain under the breast bone it's last for about 9 months now and no one knows what is causing it any  suggestions.