Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
proctitis ,leakage
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

proctitis ,leakage

10 days ago i was diagnosed  with chronic proctitis (im 29) after
going through a
colonoscopy examination.
since then I had this one time a symptom which drove  me   into an anxiety , after an attempt for BM (to give a stoolsample)
which  I initally thought didnt produce anything  I discovered
small remanants of stool ( similiar to those appear after a wipe )
that day i had an unusual stomach pain and went to the bathroom

3 times before noon  in the last  BM  I had something that could be described as mild diarreah (diarrhea)

however when  I tried to make a BM I didnt
push very hard and had no gas
I fear those remanants might have gotten there before however there were no stains at my underwear
the possibility of not wiping myself  completely after the 3 bm i had before is not existent  i know i did .
since then i checked myself
several times ( after i feel gas  or after bm but nothing yet)
my questions are
1)what should I make from all of this
2) can this symptom occure sometime with proctitis  (ihad mucus before but that was WHITE)?
3)if its related to proctitis it definetly  can be expected not to occur again,right?
if my proctitis is removed  even if i would have diarreah (diarrhea) ?
4)should I go through digital rectal exam to check out my sphincter muscles  I also had problems concerning post void dribbling which
were greatly diminished to not more than one drop after voiding by using urethral milking but which can also be an additional sign that my sphincter muscle doesnt work well
(i made an ultrasound to check if there are any remanants of urine after voiding which turned out to be negative)
5)whats the prognosis for proctitis under the treatment of salofalx 250/500 per dose three times daily
tnx alot
a,d