Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
questions reguarding ibs

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

questions reguarding ibs

i have had ibs for about 1 1/2 yrs i have also had a polup removed from my colon.  recently my boyfriend has asked me about anal sex...  i have always been against it but he wanted me to ask a doctor so here i am.  is it safe for me to have anal sex and not have my condition flare up in a bad way. or because i have had a minor surgury in my colon it is out of the question?  please let me know.  thank you
Anal sex is dangerous, let alone anal sex after surgical intervention.  If your boyfriend insists on anal sex, he doesn't have your best interests at heart.  Anal sex can cause hemorrhoids, anal fissures (tears in the tissues), rectal dialation, incontinence... I could go on, but hopefully I don't need to.  If your boyfriend wants anal sex despite this information, tell him to go **** himself.

Somehow I seriously doubt he would allow anal penetration if it was his rectum involved.
Don't try it! You are going to hurt yourself. Tell your boyfriend it is dangerous (can't he figure it out knowing
you underwent a surgery??) and you can't do it. No matter how much he will be persuading you, don't give in. Your health is the most important issue here. Even people who never had problems in this body area avoid this kind of sex because it can be harmful. Think first about your well-being and only then after you boyfriend's fantasies. This, particular, area of a body was not designed for it and it can easily be hurt/damaged during anal intercourse.