Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
reflux and headaches - a connection??
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

reflux and headaches - a connection??

I frequently have headaches, awake tired, lump in throat, shortness of breath, post-nasal drip.  A co-worker told me that she had been having frequent headaches. while on a trip out of state, she had a severe stomach pain, went to the emergency room and was told that her gall bladder was causing reflux into her sinuses.  This was causing her frequent headaches.  Has anyone else heard of this?  

Thank for you help.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
I'm sure others will answer you, too. I'm going to post some SINUS TIPS, and some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS, that can help with both problems, and may therefore help relieve the headaches! It's worth a try! :-)

Below are SOME SINUS TIPS. In the next message, I'll post SOME GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS (without acid blockers!).

Some SINUS TIPS:

SOME  SINUS SURVIVAL THINGS WE DO, that we learned from the excellent book: SINUS SURVIVAL, by Dr. Robert Ivker, D.O.  See page 9, References, in my website: http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com  

PLEASE READ THE BOOK SINUS SURVIVAL, by Dr. Ivker!, for MORE GOOD IDEAS!!!

(1) NASAL IRRIGATIONS: THIS IS DONE WITHOUT ANY CHOKING, AND WITHOUT SNIFFING THE LIQUID UP THE NOSE! My husband does these once a day. I do them 2x a day. When I first did them, I needed to do them 4x/day. We try to avoid doing them within 1 hour of bedtime (or lying down), because some of the irrigation fluid drains out later on, and we prefer to be awake and not lying down (when possible), to gently blow the residual warm salt-water out of each nostril. Keep tissues (unscented) handy.

(a) First, we each bought a NETI-POT, an 8 ounce little ceramic teapot without a cover, from a health food store. Some people who do Yoga use neti-pots (hence the East-Indian sound of NETI-POT). This avoids potential latex allergy from rubber bulb syringes! Also, this is a gentle gravity method, with no dangerous high water pressure. And no electricity is needed!

(b) We put about a half teaspoon (1/2 teaspoon) of plain (non-iodized) salt (sodium chloride, NaCl, avoiding additives) into the neti-pot. We like PLAIN, ADDITIVE-FREE, NON-IODIZED sea-salt (from health food store).

( c) We then add a little hot water and stir, to dissolve the salt. We use well water (no chlorine, no fluoride). Distilled water would be OK, but we do not drink distilled water, which can leach minerals (like calcium) out of the bones, contributing to osteoporosis.

(d)  Then we add a little cold water, and stir, to make the salt water warm, not hot. (I experimented, until I found the most comfortable degree of warm temperature
Blank
Some GASTRIC REFLUX TIPS (without acid blockers):

GER=Gastro-Esophageal Reflux. (Gastro=stomach. Esophagus=food tube.)

LPR= Laryngeal-Pharyngeal Reflux. (Larynx=voice box, containing the 2 vocal cords. Pharynx=throat, above the larynx. The larynx is above the trachea/windpipe.)

Reflux=acidic or alkaline stomach material that backs up into the esophagus (food tube), causing any of these problems: VCD/Vocal Cord Dysfunction/Laryngospasm attacks, cough, voice problems, asthma, globus (feeling of lump in throat), constant need to clear throat, worsening of sinus condition, sore throat, pre-cancerous conditions of throat &/or esophagus, etc.

SOME GER/LPR CONTROL THINGS WE DO, that we learned from the excellent book: STOMACH AILMENTS AND DIGESTIVE DISTURBANCES, by Michael T. Murray, N.D. See page 9, References, in my website: http://cantbreathesuspectvcd.com   and, also see GER/LPR info on page 5, and on LINKS page.

PLEASE READ THIS GREAT BOOK. It may possibly be bought on-line, from Michael T. Murray
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity