Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
removel of tonsils in adult the risks

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

removel of tonsils in adult the risks

what are the risk of having tonsils out when you are an adult some people say that it is life threating and i could die,i have kids and would rather keep them if i could die my tonsils are very large
I had my tonsils out in 1992 at the age of 32 and had no problems from the surgery. I not only had my tonsils removed, but I had my sinuses fixed as well as my deviated septom.  I was so sick before I had my tonsils removed and felt great afterwards.  If the doctor recommends you have this done, I certainly agree.  You will feel alot better when its over.  Take care.
You'll be fine.  It's not life threatening, but it can be alittle rougher on adults than children.  As adults we tend to get hit with things harder then our children.  Go ahead and have the surgery because in the long run, your going to feel alot better.
I had my tonsils removed and deviated septum fixed at the same time and I am 24. If your tonsils are large all of the time as mine were, they are doing you no good...only making you sicker.  I will say that for the first couple of days you will have the worst sore throat you EVER had in your life. And to be honest...it hurt me to eat ANYTHING ( including ice cream ) for like 3 days. I drank a lot of  7-up because the carbonation cuts through alot of the flem (phlegm) and stuff that will be in your throat for a few days.  Good luck to you and follow the docs instructions...AND REST!!!