Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
severe diarrhea
About This Forum:

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

severe diarrhea

ABOUT THREE WEEKS AGO I HAD SYMPTOMS OF THE STOMACH FLU. BAD DIARRHEA AND VOMITING. AFTER TWO DAYS OF THIS I STARTED FEELING BETTER, BUT AS SOON AS I STARTED EATING AGAIN THE SYMPTOMS CAME BACK. NOW EVERY DAY I HAVE STOMACH PAIN WITH SEVERE DIARRHEA AND BELCHING THAT TASTES AND SMELLS LIKE ROTTON EGGS. MY STOOL WHICH IS EXTREMELY DARK AND RESEMBLES COFFEE GROUNDS AND WATER ALSO HAS A TERRIBLE ODOR. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT I EAT IT ENDS UP LIKE THIS. I ALSO FEEL WEAK AND LIGHT HEADED. I AM NOT ON ANY MEDICATION OTHER THAN MY INSULIN FOR DIABETES. OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINE SUCH AS KAOPECTATE HAS DONE NOTHING. BLOOD TESTS SHOWED AN INCREASE IN PROTEIN IN THE URINE BUT THE DOCTORS FELT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY CURRENT PROBLEM. ALSO WHEN I DO EAT THE FOOD GOES RIGHT THROUGH ME LIKE THIS WITHIN AN HOUR OR SO. I HAVE A CONSTANT GROWLING OF FLUID IN MY STOMACH AREA THAT LITERALLY DOES NOT STOP THROUGH OUT THE DAY. I ALSO HAVE THAT FEELING OF WANTING TO VOMIT ALL OF THE TIME. I THINK THIS IS A SERIOUS CONDITION. THANK YOU.