Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
severe lower abdominal pain after eating msg flavor packs in raimin

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

several times per year i get severe gas pains that almost make me pass out.  I have pinned the last few times down to msg flavoring packs in raimin soup.  The attack occurs if i am sleeping and i guess laying down contributes to the gas getting trapped somehow because it only happenes when i sleep.  The pain is in the lower abdominal area and leaves after i have a bowel movement, but the bowel movement causes such severe pain that i pray to die and feel like i am about to go unconscious.  I am guessing this is some kind of obstruction and i try to stay away from things that cause too much gas and i take enzymes etc but sometimes it still happens.  it scares me that it causes that level of pain..anyone know why the pain would be that severe and how dangerous this type of situation is?
  • Colored Poop (1 replies):
    I am currently on a diet and exercising. To stay away f...[more]