Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
stomach nodules

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

stomach nodules

Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me out with some information. About 2 months ago I was told I had to large bleeding ulcers  but had no h plori  when I had my endoscopy dr put me on medicine went back for my 2nd endoscopy and was told he removed 2 nodules my question is what are nodules and should I be concerned waiting for the results in 10 days??
If you haven't heard the results from your physician, you should contact their office.   Don't assume that no news is good news - since results may get misfiled or misplaced by the hospital.

The best way to determine the cause would be to obtain the biopsy results from the endoscopy.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
I will get back to my Dr. but they said results wont be in for 10 days my question was what are nodules in stomach and is it common to have nodules with ulcers
thank you
Hi - sorry to say but the gastro doesn't answer subsequent questions.  You need to post, and unfortunately, pay the fee again.

I would have hoped I could help answer your question, but I also don't know what "nodules" are. To my naive knowledge they can be anything from benign lumps to cancerous tumours. I have Crohn's, some 37 yrs, and when I got breast cancer 4 yrs ago I had 4 out of 18 lymph nodes positive.  So, the usual chemo, rads and now on hormone therapy.

As Dr. Pho said, you need to get a copy of your biospy results.
Take care,
Liz.
Thank you I was not sure how this worked I also thought I would get a email response which I did not I had to go on and search. I feel the fee was not worth it since I knew I had to wait for the results because it is not 10 days and searching for answers considering i don't know  what nodules are or is it common to find in your stomach etc I just thought this would give me quick information. I do have a follow up with my dr in 2 weeks and I did not want to bother him before so I really was hoping to find out something on my own with this forum.  
But thank you for responding And I hope and pray for your continued recovery.

Hi  The Nodules could be from erosions that have healed . Good luck with biopsy results.