Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
stomach pain and severe discomfort, please help

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

Please help!!  I don't know who to ask or turn too, i've been suffering with stomach problems for two years now and no help is in sight.  It started as a severe cramp that began under my right rib cage and is now spreading to the lower right and upper middle.  Sometimes i even feel it radiating under my arm and up my back.  No food or diet changes alleviate the condition in the slightest.  I am never awakened by it at night, and it usually takes an hour or so to start once i awaken, however, my stomach does usually feel unusually full and heavy when i awaken. Antacids and h2 blockers like tagament are minimally affective, if at all.  Their success might be purely mental, although i do notice the cramp changes to more of a tearing pain with the use of tagament.  I have an endoscopy, colonoscopy, and a hida scan.  The gallbladder took a long long time to empty( 3 hours), so they blamed it and i had it removed.  Pain and cramping remainded, however, and sensation of full, uncomfortableness increased. I eat to alleviate symptoms, and in two years have gained 20 pounds of fat.  I don't excercise, as i am fatiqued but also do not feel internally sound.  If i bend to my left side i feel fine, but bending to my right produces pain and the sensation that i am bending on top of internal stuff that produces pain and discomfort, for lack of a better description.  When i inhale and exhale deeply, it feels as though my stomach is settling over my breastbone in a most uncomfortable arrangement.  Laying down relieves the symptons, however sitting correctly or incorrectly causes pain, help!
hey i was was wondering does the pain in ur stomach go away after u eat and then comes back a little later?
does ur stomach make sounds when u push ur stomach out (not hunger sounds)
hurts to stand  feels better when sittting or lyin down
also does it come and go ..
some times my pain will come for 2 weeks leave , then come back
just naming some of my symptoms and maybe u have them to ?
my docs think i have IBS ....... i believe i dont .. who knows ?
i need help also. i have had severe stomach pain, what seems like gas for 4 months. I have been on Nexium, previcid, protonix and non really worked very well, they may have worked for a few days and then the pain came back.I have been on Nexium for 3 weeks and am ready to go off them. I started with severe burning in the chest area and in my throat. They treated me or acid reflux. I also noticed I had gas and if I could pass it I felt better, but the pain didn't go away.  I have had H Pylori test,  upper GI x-ray, upper and lower scope tests also that check the pressure and ph levels, celiac disease test,throid, and more but I can't remember now and everything came back normal. I did notice that each time that I had to drink the (laxitives) that I felt a lot better. But when I started to eat then I would get what seems like a gas pain or bubble. I would come even if I just drank water. Now I get that every time I eat and I can feel it get lower from the throat all the way to the stomach and if I don't eat for 15 hours then it goes away. but of course I have to eat something so then the cycle starts again. I have elevated the bed. I eat no fats and eat nothing after 5pm. eating slowly etc with bland diet. I still feel sick when I go to bed and I haven't been sleeping very well because of that. I wake up with my stomach still upset and if I wait until 9 am to eat I am feeling much better. But even a morsel of dry toast will bring it back again. I am tired of the tests with the stomach specialist. It is very frustrating. The test show mild redness in both the esophigus and stomach but nothing that showed gerd or gastritus. I am miserable and my husband is a reck. I had something similar and it just went away by itself after 2 months but this is just won't leave. Any help out there.