Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
stomach pains and black tounge

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

stomach pains and black tounge
for the past 2 days I have had off and on severe stomach pains like someone is stabbing me. finally last night I threw up but it still hurt.  I took some antigas over the counter medicine and some peptobismal and i woke up feeling ok but my tounge was black and now all the sudden I have diarehea and my stomach pains are coming back.  Is it just gas built up in my stomach or the flu or what?? I have never had this problem before
Chris
It probably is just gas or you may have a stomach virus.  Pepto bismol WILL turn your tongue black and also your stool sometimes.  Hope this helps. Don't worry too much about it, it will only cause more stomach discomfort
A related discussion, stomach hurts after comsuming sweet foods was started.