sudden loose bowels
I have been very constipated virtually my whole life.  About 1 month ago I suddenly became regular (and gassey, which is also very abnormal) and as time passes it is increasingly loose.  A couple of years ago I had a scope done and found that I have polyps.  Could this be contributing?  Should I have another scope to see if things have changed?

PS Cancer does run in my family.

Thanks!
Don't know if your symptoms are related to polyps or not, but since you have that history I would have another scope. I don't know how old you are, but if it were me I'd have a scope every couple years anyway... possibly every year if you're 40 or so. They say that colon cancer starts very slowly and is completely preventable if you have regular checks for polyps. Good luck to you.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Gastroenterologist in your area?