Hello I have been having weird gastrointestinal problems for more than a week and it is somewhat annoying. I have been with two doctors already.
a week ago before all my symptoms started, I have a cold so I used to take tylenol cold for about 3 days ( I don't know if this is related), I was stressed because of all the exams and tests and I always drink coffee for about 6 days straight to keep up the energy. Like about March 23 (friday). I drank a bottle of energy drink (twice amount of caffeine) and after that, these symptoms happened:
1. nausea and feeling of vomitting after eating
2. constant feeling of hunger like grumbling of the stomach and acidic feeling of throat even after I eat.
4. I get hungry much faster and I never feel full.
5. Some pain in the upper abdominal area
the doctor diagnosed it as "gastritis" and asked me to buy maalox over the counter and so I did. after that, most symptoms are gone except I still feel hungry every time and my stomach grumbles after I eat and there's a weird feeling in my throat after I eat (especially big meals).
after 3 days or so a doctor prescribed me Protonix but still I have this weird symptom of getting hungry early, weird feeling at my throat.
here are my questions:
1. Do you think I really have gastritis or is it a different disorder?
2. If so when will I expect this disease to completely clear? I'm stopped taking maalox but I take Protonix regularly as directed by doctor?
3. What's causing the weird feeling in my throat like kinda acidic but I don't taste any acid? I tried drinking water several times coz it feels like something is blocking my esophagus.
4. What do you suggest should I do? I don't want to get fat from constant eating that's why I want to get better soon.
To answer your questions:
1) Gastritis is possible. You can consider an upper endoscopy and blood tests to look for H Pylori - which is a bacteria associated with gastritis.
2) It would depend on the cause. If H Pylori is present, double antibiotic therapy would be need for eradication. If GERD is present, the Protonix should help.
3) GERD is possible. The upper endoscopy would help with the evaluation. If negative, a 24-hr pH study can be considered for a more definitive diagnosis.
4) I suggest discussing the aforementioned tests with your gastroenterologists.
These options can be discussed with your personal physician.
Followup with your personal physician is essential.
This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.
I would definetly do as the md suggested and go for an endoscopy, or even maybe go to an endocrinologist to have an ultrasound of your thyroid gland...i'm not a doctor so don't sue me, i'm just telling you what I think you should do....
Hey there. I also have a wierd feeling in my throat that feels like someone is squeezing my esophagus or poking me in my adam's apple. My throat is also raw alot. I have severe GERD and I feel bloated constantly. I have stomach cramps and get the gurgling like I am constantly hungry. I eat about every 3 hours which is way too much if you ask me, although I do get full, it takes alot. I have been diagnosed with gastritis by an edoscopy. A biopsy was taken and their wasn't any H pylori, just chronic gastritis. I take a Protonix every day but I think they are going to up my dosage to 80 mg daily because that really helped before, I still feel alot of heartburn and reflux with 40 mg. You really should get an endoscopy and 24 hour PH study. Now they have a small capsule called a BRAVO capsule they can insert during edoscopy and it reads the acid levels in your body and sends it to a computer pack on your side. It passes through your system in like 7-10 days. I had this and it is much more pleasant than the old method of sticking the cath down your nose and throat..(which I also had). Also, have you had an ultrasound of your gallbladder? Gallstones or an improperly functioning gallbladder can also cause these symptoms. I hope you get some answers and God bless!!
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.