Digestive Disorders / Gastroenterology Expert Forum
throat swelling

This is a place to ask questions about digestive problems and receive a personal answer from a highly qualified doctor. You will also find support from other members who share your interest in digestive disorders. Digestive Disorders include: Anal and Rectal problems, Barrett’s Esophagus, Bleeding in the Stomach and Digestive Tract, Constipation, Crohn’s Disease, Gastritis, GERD, Heartburn, Proctitis, Short Bowel Syndrome, Ulcers, Whipple’s Disease, Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (and many more).

throat swelling

My husband has had problems with his throat swelling at different times.  He has had his throat xrayed, checked with the scope, and nothing has been found.  He says its not painful, just makes him feel bad.  He looks like he has the mumps on one side.  ususally the left side.  swells mostly in the evenings, and sometimes during lunch.  Eating does not seem to be a factor.  He takes prevacid for gerds, but still eats rolaids like they are candy.  This has been going on for over a year, and he has went to several doctors.  If anyone else has had these symptoms, please HELP!  Thank You
Tags: Neck
hi,
I dont know if this is it but he might be having a reaction to the medicines hes on....just a thought...I have recently had my throat feel like it swells up but I dont see anything and it comes and goes......I can eat and everything but it feels awful....its the area between my nose and throat.....hope he gets to feeling better.......:-)
Thank you greybear for your comment.  We thought of an alergic (allergic) reaction, and he stopped taking all meds for aproximately 1 week.  It still happened.
See an ENT doctor to rule out LPR (Larnygopharyngeal Reflux).
Thats when the esophageal reflux reaches the upper throat and
irritates the tissues and sometimes the vocal cords and windpipe.
thank you Daw, but he has had all the scopes.  They have looked in one end and out the other.  the esophogas is normal as is the throat area.  He has gerds, and we thought maybe that was causing it, but, he says it feels like there is a rubberband around his neck sometimes.  When it swells, it throbs.
I too have the feeling of a rubberband being around my throat as thou the blood is being cut off.  There is no visible swelling thou.  I am currently going through some tests.  I am having a sonogram done tomorrow, had blood work done today and will have the tube put down my throat on Monday in hopes of finding the answer to this.  I am also on Nexium.  I do have a slightly elevated lever enzyme.  Otherwise I am & have been extremely healthy all of my life. I will keep you posted as to what I find out.  It is a very uncomfortable sensation and had never heard of anyone else having it until now.
Me too, i am just 13 and the past two days, my throat hurts and sometimes it hurts until the back of my neck feels pain too, whats wrong with me? I'm scared that i have throat cancer.
im 18 and live in england over the last few months i have had a strange feeling in my throat like a limp ,it feels like somthing is stuck there and just wont come up ,i try so hard to get rid of it by coughing and swallowing but its always there 24hrs 7 days a week. my doctor told me that i was suffering from GLOBUS HYSTREICUS which is caused by mussles which tense up due to stress it could well be this but i have alot of other pains and heartburn and always feel dizzy has any one had this this thing in my neck is always there contantly getting me down !!!!! what do i do help with answers needed thanks lee.....